Perez-Reverte

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
alicedetokeville

Perez-Reverte

Mensaje por alicedetokeville » Mié May 25, 2005 1:55 am

On the front page of this website there's an article about, if I've gotten it right, an old comrade of Perez-Reverte attacking him - for what reason I don't know enough Spanish (yet!) to translate. I wonder if Targul or someone could tell us what that's about?
"Be as radical as reality"
-V.I.Lenin

lorquina1

Mensaje por lorquina1 » Mié May 25, 2005 5:54 am

Hi alicedetokeville,
This article is basecally about what Angela Redicio( I think that is her name) feels is the truth versus what Arturo and other journalist of the time say is the truth about what they did or didn't do while they were reporting about the war in East Europe and the Middle East.

There seem to be bad feelings between the lady reporter and the guys who worked covering the same stories. Like I said I don't know the whole story but that is what I got from reading the article. I hope this helps you.

Para los de habla Hispana, solo digo que el articulo habla de lo que Angela cree que es verdad y lo que los demas reporteros creen que es verdad. Si ahi alguien que sabe de lo que va el articulo pues que nos de mas informacion. Muchas gracias! :roll: :lol:

Lorquina

Carvajal

Mensaje por Carvajal » Mié May 25, 2005 11:03 am

I'll try to explain a little what's this all about.
It is known that Perez-Reverte used to work as a war journalist. After the war at Bosnia, which he covered for the spanish tv, he wrote a book called "Territorio Comanche" where he explained his experiences during that war. He wrote about his work, the life of a journalist working in a battleground and about many other journalists he met there. One of these jounalists was, as you can imagine, Ángela Rodicio and, well, I guess she didn't quite like what he wrote about her.
Perez-Reverte left this job and focused on his career as a writer, while Rodicio continued working at Irak and Israel until, a couple of years ago, she was sacked. The official reason given was that she had bought expensive clothes and presents using TVE's (Spanish Television Corporation) credit cards, but it seems that in fact she was fired because her boss, Alfredo Urdaci, didn't like her points of view about the Irak war, among other -political- subjects.
Well, this is more or less the story. Now she's back with a book which she is using to take revenge on everyone she met at her work and explain that she was an innocent victim of a conspiration.
I've tried to show you the facts, without giving my personal opinion. Now, if you want to know what I think about it, I'm of the opinion that this lady is just pissed off because she lost her job and her position and that she's trying to sell the story that everyone else but her was a bad person and a bad professional.

alicedetokeville

Rodicio

Mensaje por alicedetokeville » Mié May 25, 2005 4:37 pm

Gracias, lorquina1 y Carvajal! Y gracias, tambien, por la explication en Espanol, para que puedo comprar los dos lenguajes.
Now can anyone translate the above? Is it any language?
Resto incierto pero determinada, Alice.
"Be as radical as reality"
-V.I.Lenin

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Mié May 25, 2005 6:35 pm

Thank you so much Carvajal for putting this up. It explains once again how horrible ppl can act out of jealousy.... I like Perez-Reverte a lot, I think he's very nice man and I am so glad he gave up his formal job to continue as being a writer and write El Capitan Alatriste, I know my Spanish is still poor, but I do learn a lot by reading this book, every day. It might take me some time to finish the first one, heehee, but I will manage.... :roll: :wink: :D

Also want to let every one around here know how much I appreciate that there is also an English section (easier to understand for one from Holland!), I try to read everthing at the Spanish parts, but (eventhough I also learn a lot up there) it still is great to be able to ask for a translation every now and than!!!!
Imagen

Responder