Welcome to the www.capitan-alatriste.com site

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Elfstone
Contactar:

Welcome to the www.capitan-alatriste.com site

Mensaje por Elfstone » Sab Feb 26, 2005 8:38 am

We know much of our guests are english or americans, or from other places around the world and they don´t speak spanish at all. So i have opened this forum just for you.

This week has been very busy due to the fact Theonering.net linked us, we reach 2772 visits in one day. Thank you all.

Enjoy the web.

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Sab Feb 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Hola!! Those of us at Viggo-Works ( http://www.viggo-works.com ) are certainly glad to join you and those of us who don't speak Spanish are delighted to see this English forum.

Muchas gracias, mi amiga!

Riv Res
http://www.viggo-works.com

cath

Mensaje por cath » Sab Feb 26, 2005 3:33 pm

I found the English thread! Thank you Elfstone - I look forward to some interesting conversations here.

gellam

Mensaje por gellam » Sab Feb 26, 2005 3:37 pm

Thank you for this English forum. There are so much informations about Alatriste and we only
understand words, but not the information.

So it is a big help for us to read this interesting thinhs in English language.

It is very friendly of you.

Philipa

Mensaje por Philipa » Dom Feb 27, 2005 12:48 am

Well I made it in. :D I look forward to seeing what else develops here. May I ask what can we expect to see on this forum?

palmalyn

Mensaje por palmalyn » Dom Feb 27, 2005 2:42 am

Hola! I am glad to be here, too. :D I am really looking forward to more information about Alatriste and am also happy to have this opportunity to improve my Spanish (although my knowledge may become a little "Internet-heavy") :wink:

Thank you so much for creating this haven for us English-speaking fans! Gracias!

Palmalyn

Kaijamin

Mensaje por Kaijamin » Dom Feb 27, 2005 4:57 am

Hola!

Thank you so much for thinking of all us english speakers. Whata wonderful site you have here - it's bound to help us all pick up a little more Spanish along the way. Just getting registered in the first place was the first test :wink:

Tigger

Mensaje por Tigger » Dom Feb 27, 2005 6:36 am

Hola!! I made it here too and many, many thanks for starting up an English Forum for those of us who either do not understand Spanish or are learning. I am really looking forward to learning more about Alatriste, but also more about Spain and hopefully also some Spanish along the way.

Many, many thanks for putting an English Forum up for all of us. :)

Nefer

Mensaje por Nefer » Dom Feb 27, 2005 9:27 am

Dear Elfstone!
Muchas gracias for opening this forum. Though I haven't given up reading (or trying to read) the Spanish threads, this is much easier for me.
VMF! Saludos, Nefer :)

airearan

Mensaje por airearan » Dom Feb 27, 2005 11:10 am

Elfstone, muchisimas gracias for starting this thread. i have been going here for some time now, wishing there were an english counterpart to this site. this is the next best thing!

may i ask a question, i've been so curious as to how the alatriste fans have been reacting to all this: viggo as the protagonist, diaz yanez as the director, all the other cast members. i understand alatriste has quite a following in spain, so i'm thinking that anticipation and expectation levels are high, as it was with LOTR.

Iolanthe

Iolanthe

Mensaje por Iolanthe » Dom Feb 27, 2005 12:36 pm

Hola, I've managed to negotiate my way through the registration too! Many thanks, Elfstone, for thinking of us non-Spanish speakers :D .

Those are great questions airearan. I'm really looking forward to joining in here with some of the huge excitement and anticipation that's already building for this film in Spain.

Cathy
Contactar:

Greetings!

Mensaje por Cathy » Dom Feb 27, 2005 2:38 pm

¡Buenos Dias! I made it! Thank you for offering this thread! I am taking lessons and I have enjoyed trying to understand the information and getting around the site. But this thread is what I needed to be able to get any questions I have across. I just started lessons so I am not that good. ¡ Muchos Gracias!

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Dom Feb 27, 2005 3:54 pm

LOL...this looks like a Viggo-Works.com invasion. :lol: :lol: :lol: We promise to behave ourselves...honest. :D

Sasskya

hi everybody¡¡

Mensaje por Sasskya » Dom Feb 27, 2005 4:43 pm

hello everybody and welcome to our webpage about Alatriste¡¡

If you have some questions about something about the film, we can answer you :D
kisses¡¡

Sasskya :D

Claire

Now we are in the thick of things. Bienvenidos!!!

Mensaje por Claire » Dom Feb 27, 2005 8:33 pm

I've felt sot of honoured when I've read that TORn (TORn, such a veteran fan site!!!) had linked to this site. And I have also felt a strange satisfaction, because during the filming and promotion of LOTR we poor Spanish fans depended on sites like The One Ring to know the latest news, first hand information about events that happened in the US or in New Zeeland, far away from us :cry: . But you come back to us now at the turn of the tide :lol: :lol:
I think it is a good idea to create this English forum so that you can talk about the film in your own language and we can know your impressions.

Elfstone
Contactar:

I love TORn

Mensaje por Elfstone » Dom Feb 27, 2005 9:54 pm

and I thought maybe we could do the spanish version of TORn with Alatriste. I even sent some links and photos to the web, later I worked in http://www.elfenomeno.com and ww.dor-lomin.org, all Tolkien related sites.

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Lun Feb 28, 2005 3:28 pm

Hola!! I do have a couple of questions today. :D I watched the Oscars last night and saw Spain pick up two Oscars...one for Best Song...and more importantly, the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film. Bravo!!

My questions are...

:arrow: Just how did Viggo get the Alatriste role?

:arrow: Was he the only one considered?

:arrow: I would have thought that someone like Antonio Banderas would have killed to have that role. Was he even considered? After all...he is Spanish. :wink:

:arrow: What other actors...besides Viggo...were considered for the role of Alatriste?

Sorry...but I have lots of questions. :D :oops:

quemeplace

Mensaje por quemeplace » Lun Feb 28, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi RivRes, that's funny, a couple of days ago I sent you an e-mail (with a correction about Unax's article), and now we met here. Internet is big, but not that much, and Viggo should claim the Nokia slogan: "Connecting people". :lol:

Well, I don't know if Viggo was the only one considered for this character, but I never heard the film makers mentioning other actors. I think they just wanted him and he accepted without thinking twice. Maybe some of the Alatriste fans would rather have a Spanish actor playing this role, but Díaz Yanes and Reverte always agreed about Viggo: he is a good actor, he is one of the few actors of his age who are able to play an action hero and, most important, he has the eyes of Alatriste.

Antonio Banderas? I don't know, but when I see Banderas with a moustache I think automatically about Zorro and couldn't think about Alatriste.

I hope you receive more answers about this matter. I would like to know for sure if the film makers (and not Alatriste fans) considered other actors for the role.

Update:
I have already remember something about Viggo's casting: Díaz Yanes passed Viggo the script through Ray Loriga, who directed Viggo in La pistola de mi hermano and is also a friend of him. Viggo found it great and the three of them met in Berlin (for any reason Viggo was there).

Claire

Mensaje por Claire » Lun Feb 28, 2005 6:45 pm

As quemeplace says, I never heard that any other actor was being considered for the role. In fact, from the first time the film was announced, Viggo's name was there. It was first mentioned in a famous Spanish radio programme and the information was that Alatriste would be adapted for the screen by Díaz Yanes and the main role would be Viggo. However, the name of Unax Ugalde recently appeared in the cast, because Gael García Bernal was the chosen one for the role of Íñigo.
As for Spanish actors, I don’t know much about cinema, and I know even less about Spanish artists, so maybe I will discover several good interpretations. Now that Viggo is Alatriste (and now that he already have that moustache :lol: ) I can't think of anyone else, even when I read the books I begin to see his face.
"I can see Him with my waking eyes"!!!!!! 8O :lol:
I have a question for you all: What do you think about the guy playing Malatesta? Maybe too young? I found this photograph where he doesn't look so ATTRACTIVE... I mean, first time I saw him I couldn't imagine that face to be the bad one.
http://www.horac.net/pages/m_04.jpg
http://digilander.libero.it/tobola/Enrico_Lo_Verso.jpg
... y ganar laureles a fin de que un día, narrando mis hazañas entorno a la mesa de una taberna, alguien recitara también, en mi honor, unos versos como aquéllos.

Philipa

Mensaje por Philipa » Lun Feb 28, 2005 6:51 pm

quemeplace I bet the connection with Loriga, Yanes and Viggo are correct. Perhaps Viggo was in Berlin for the premiere of RotK at the time.

Claire, they all are pretty until the makeup artists catch hold of them. :lol:

Responder