The "rodaje"

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
patri

Mensaje por patri » Sab May 07, 2005 9:17 pm

Sindar escribió:Dear RivRes,

Just hope here at this forum could we all make as welcoming a place as yours at V-W.
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Couldn't agree more :D . Riv, I've already talked to you, so you know how we feel :wink:

A hug, my friend

Patri (aka Paddy)

doctor-Q

Mensaje por doctor-Q » Dom May 08, 2005 1:32 pm

It looks like I have missed something... and I have no idea about who has complained about somebody writting in english outside the english forum.

How can somebody be so narrowminded?
Riv Res, I hope you do not take it into account. We (the spaniards) are not like that.
Keep on visiting us and make yourself at home.

Doctor-Q

airearan

Mensaje por airearan » Lun May 09, 2005 1:31 pm

8O i didn't at all know that it was forbidden to post in english in the other forums. i posted only about once or twice, but it was with the intent of sharing information... :(

i heard that people here have been upset with people from the other fansites (i think they mean the viggo fansites, particularly the english ones?), and i wonder why. whatever the reason, in my opinion, it is unfortunate because all of the fansites working together is a very good way of combining our resources and materials, and knowing more about the movie and actors we are very interested in. after all, we from the english fansites have been sharing what we have also. naturally, i am saying this with the assumption that all parties give courtesy and credit and observe proper netiquette.

i hope we will be able to settle differences if there are any.

m4sure
Contactar:

Re: Who will play La Lebrijiana?

Mensaje por m4sure » Lun May 09, 2005 7:14 pm

alicedetokeville escribió:
And m4sure, how did you meet Viggo?

Ok I met Viggo at...

• * FOTR UK Premiere
    * Odense, Denmark event
    * ROTK UK Premiere
    * Hidalgo Premeire in LA
    * In UK doing Hidalgo Promotion

I really wanted to meet him in Spain too...but I'm not confident enough to travel alone, esp as I can't speak much of the language! :(

gellam

Mensaje por gellam » Lun May 09, 2005 10:40 pm

Will the shooting of Alatriste ending at this weekand?

Do anyone knows it?

quemeplace

Mensaje por quemeplace » Mar May 10, 2005 7:51 am

What do you mean? The filming in Jaén or the whole filming?

In both cases, the answer is 'no'. I'll give you more information later. I'm not sure about dates and locations.

gellam

Mensaje por gellam » Mar May 10, 2005 8:32 am

Quemeplace-I would be very thankful for information.

I mean the whole shooting .Before starting. there where names like Real Ciudad and Toledo. I've
never heart it again.

Thank you for your answer.

quemeplace

Mensaje por quemeplace » Mar May 10, 2005 9:01 am

OK, I'll tell you what I know, but I'm not really sure about the accuracy:

-The filming in Úbeda is over, but they want to return in order to repeat some scenes and maybe to shoot other ones who were initially planned for other locations.

-They are filming in Baeza right now.

-The whole filming in Jaén (Úbeda & Baeza) is supposed to be completely finished on 15th May.

-After Jaén, they will film in Santa Cruz de Mudela for three days and in Viso del Marqués for one day (both towns are in Ciudad Real). Someone said they begin in S. C. de Mudela on 21th May.

I got all this information from people who wrote it in the Spanish forums, not from newspapers or other 'official' sources.

And about Toledo, it was once considered as a possible location, but nobody heard about it lately. After Ciudad Real, I think they are going to film in Uclés (Cuenca).

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Mar May 10, 2005 1:18 pm

quemeplace escribió:
-The whole filming in Jaén (Úbeda & Baeza) is supposed to be completely finished on 15th May.

-After Jaén, they will film in Santa Cruz de Mudela for three days and in Viso del Marqués for one day (both towns are in Ciudad Real). Someone said they begin in S. C. de Mudela on 21th May.

Hhhmmmm...if this is accurate...maybe Viggo will have a chance to put in an appearance at Cannes next week. :D

gellam

Mensaje por gellam » Mar May 10, 2005 5:41 pm

Thank you for your information, Quemeplace. :D

alicedetokeville

Re: Who will play La Lebrijiana?

Mensaje por alicedetokeville » Mié May 11, 2005 2:06 am

m4sure escribió:
alicedetokeville escribió:
And m4sure, how did you meet Viggo?

Ok I met Viggo at...

• * FOTR UK Premiere
    * Odense, Denmark event
    * ROTK UK Premiere
    * Hidalgo Premeire in LA
    * In UK doing Hidalgo Promotion

I really wanted to meet him in Spain too...but I'm not confident enough to travel alone, esp as I can't speak much of the language! :(

Well, you are very lucky! I've become a huge fan of Viggo since he was on the Charlie Rose show (a news and arts interview show in the US) Go to brego.net, 'viggo's politics' to see it. He was fantastic! So intelligent and kind - he said things about the Iraq invasion that I'd been hoping to hear someone say. He said more than 10 so-called journalists didn't manage to say. He really spoke for me that night, which never happens in the US mass media. So I'm his admirer for life! And to think I was alarmed that this 'thug' was going to play my Aragorn - I knew absolutely nothing about him, and like many moviegoers, I associated him with his roles! By the way, I've read the first of the Alatriste books, in English. I'm trying to learn Spanish - the loving tongue - but it's going to take too long for the rest of the translations to be published. I'll have to get the rest in Spanish and muddle along.
"Be as radical as reality"
-V.I.Lenin

gellam

Mensaje por gellam » Lun May 16, 2005 1:00 am

From the spanish sites I have heard that the shooting will go on on Thursday, in Ciudad Real, until Saturday. But the towns are not mentioned. Will it be Santa Cruz de Mudela or Viso del Marques?

Perhaps anybody, who can understand Spanish can read it and tell, what he have understood.

Thank you.

http://www.capitan-alatriste.com/module ... 1&start=45

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Mar May 17, 2005 8:30 pm

Can anyone please translate this, I am working on my Spanish, but am not good enough to understand everthing written down, so if anyone please could translate it for me/us, I would be very grateful!

Imagen

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Mar May 17, 2005 9:03 pm

Hey everybody, got back from Spain a couple of days ago and must say it was really worth visiting Jaén twice! Have been able to attend one of the "rodajes" of "El Capitan Alatriste" after meeting one of the guards, who was so kind to let my after the barriers, after he noticed that my son and I came from far to see/meet Viggo! We met Viggo twice, so as you might see, if you are patient, you can meet some of the actors and see something of the "rodaje". Have posted some pics at the first page of this site. Here's one of them:

Imagen

Viggo signing one of my drawings, while I almost collapsed, :lol: :oops: :roll: heehee.... Had a black-out afterwards, he impressed me so much that I couldn't remember anything. Luckily, my sons payed attention, took pics and told me what happened....

Targul

Mensaje por Targul » Mar May 17, 2005 9:12 pm

Sure, it's a letter that we want giving to Viggo soon, inviting him to our party. The problem is that I've written it in old spanish (similar of the languaje used in the novels).

"To the attention of don (sir) Viggo of Mortensen, from the web and the non-offical forum of the Captain Alatriste (http://www.capitan-alatriste.com).

Dear sir:

First of all we want to introduce ourselves: http://www.capitan-alatriste.com is a web an non-offical forum of Pérez-Reverte's saga. This group of passionated of Alatriste are disposed for everything aiding the cinematographic adaptation. This are supported by the fact of so many of our members had participated or will participate as "extras" in the shooting. From the forum, we want to express or gratefulness to your person (old form or threat) and to everybody who makes possible (get "grown", getting to live) this production.

Hereby and being brief, they communicates to your yourdship that the fans and lovers of the adventures of the Captain Alatriste of the web upper mentioned, are "enchanted" with your yourk, very satisfied, also, with your appearance, accent and form of proceeding, as well as of your proverbial generosity towards yours fans and followers.

It is our desire, like fans unconditional of the Reverte's saga in whose cinematographic adaptation your lordship evolves with comfort in the role of Diego Alatriste y Tenorio, communicate to you that we wished, if it is posible, that you make us the mercy of assisting to an a little representation (teathre) that we will make with the occasion of the Alatriste's film premiere in the same cinema in wich it'll be celebrated and/or your mercy go to it with the others actors.

This representation will take place at the hall (or the entrance) of the cinema by a small group of fans that, dressed like in the XVII century will delight to the people there with a brief theatre piece when, killing two bird with one stone, we will animate the etrance of the premiere and we untie all our joy (in form of a brief theatre piece) because the cinematographic adaptation of the (possibly), best litherary saga of the actual spanish litherature.

We reiterate to your lordship that it'll be an honor and pleausure of your presence there and the presence of the director, actors and Pérez-Reverte himself (it's a sugerence and a desire). We animate you also to visit one day our forum, although we know about your full agenda till the ending of the shooting.

Sincerely yours:

The forumers of http://www.capitan-alatriste.com"

Thats all

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Mié May 18, 2005 8:25 am

Wow, Targul! Gracias por la traducion! Beautiful idea! Can I join you at the Premiere? Would loved to make a dress and wear it! :lol: Got some friends who would love to help me make one of that time! Am already having a nice one, but not of the 17th siegle.... Thanx again for the fast translation!!!!

Hugs,

Indian!

XXXX

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Mié May 18, 2005 3:05 pm

I have a question for any of our Spanish friends who may venture into this thread. In Cannes, Viggo wore an exquisite Spanish style (bolero?) tuxedo to the premiere of A History of Violence. Can anyone tell us what region of Spain that style comes from, and perhaps a little history of the style itself. He certainly looked spectacular in that tux!

I suspect that some of his new found Spanish friends helped him to choose the style and find the tailor. :wink: :D

patri

Mensaje por patri » Mié May 18, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi Riv!

The suit style is from Córdoba, in Andalucía. It's called "traje corto" (short suit).It's mostly used by flamenco singers, dancers and bullfighters.

Patri

angela

Mensaje por angela » Mié May 18, 2005 4:44 pm

Targul--thank you for the translation and a fine letter it is.

IndianMoon--deep breaths, its the pacing my dear, I see from your photo that his white bag has made it to Cannes...details?

elisheva

Mensaje por elisheva » Mié May 18, 2005 6:45 pm

RivRes escribió:I have a question for any of our Spanish friends who may venture into this thread. In Cannes, Viggo wore an exquisite Spanish style (bolero?) tuxedo to the premiere of A History of Violence. Can anyone tell us what region of Spain that style comes from, and perhaps a little history of the style itself. He certainly looked spectacular in that tux!

I suspect that some of his new found Spanish friends helped him to choose the style and find the tailor. :wink: :D

In fact, this kind of suit is called "goyesco" because they appear at Goya`s pictures, when he painted country scenes and landscapes.
This is a kind of suit that`s very common to wear at "feria de Sevilla", specially to ride a beautiful horse.(Please, excuse my poor english)
...En tierra, en humo, en polvo, en sombra, en nada...

Responder