All the Alatriste news in English: Book 6, July 2010

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
cheyenneangel
Contactar:

Mensaje por cheyenneangel » Sab Ene 13, 2007 5:07 pm

IndianMoon16 escribió:Have not heard anything yet, CA, if I do I will let you know, promised!!!! {{{{HUGS}}}}

oh thank you very much IM !! BIG HUG for you :D

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Vie Ene 26, 2007 10:50 pm

From TVE´s website...
http://www.rtve.es/
...you can watch their 24-hour news channel in live streaming. Click on 'TVE en Directo' at the top, then choose your player. Mine works on Real and another person told me that Windows Media worked for her. Now, for each of you, it will depend on your own server, speed and computer.

Now, I don't know whether they will show the Goya Awards live or not (my guess is they won't, as they're news only, but who knows), but at least you're sure to be able to find news footage of the show.

Also, as it is a news channel, it doesn't really have a programme list, or at least I haven't found one on the site. We'll just have to connect and see what they show. They say that they do 30 minutes of news bulletins and 30 minutes of other current affairs programmes each hour.

By the way, the TV broadcast of the show will carry a half-hour delay from the real thing. No censuring feared: I'm sure they do it to be able to squeeze more commercial breaks.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Vie Ene 26, 2007 11:37 pm

Muchas gracias Roberto! {HUGS}

And a question: Last week there was a day that I could not enter this forum, due to work on the website it said and now I find that things are missing, can you tell how this has happenend? Did you lose a lot of things?

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Vie Ene 26, 2007 11:59 pm

Yes, due to a change of server (or something like that) eight days' worth of messages have got deleted.

By the way, we have heard that Viggo will be attending the Goya Awards in Madrid the day after tomorrow.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Sab Ene 27, 2007 1:20 pm

Oh Rogorn that is good to hear, something else for him than being in London at work, all the time! :D Hope the weather in Madrid will be better than over here. :? It is cold and rainy over here.... :cry: :roll:

AlatristeFan

Mensaje por AlatristeFan » Sab Ene 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Thank you for posting the link Rogorn and keeping us up-to-date on the Goya news...it is much appreciated... :D

I'm sure I will be one of many keeping my fingers crossed for all the cast and crew of Alatriste to take home many awards tomorrow night... :D

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Dom Ene 28, 2007 11:28 am

Alatriste makes it to Australia. Again, shown just twice, on March 2 and March 10 in Melbourne:
http://www.acmi.net.au/la_mirada_alatriste.jsp
And on the same dates there will be showings in Miami as well
http://www.miamifilmfestival.com/

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Sab Feb 03, 2007 11:40 am

If you want to read lots of excellent material about the Alatriste film, the people at fan site Viggo-works have taken the enormous trouble of translating everything that they could find on the Spanish press, including some superb photos. As there's hardly anything out there in English, I'm sure you'll enjoy it enormously.

http://viggo-works.com/index.php?page=855

If you only have time for one, I recommend this one from El País

http://viggo-works.com/index.php?page=863

Then, the film is coming out to buy on dvd next week. The Spanish release has subtitles in English and French, but I don't know how well they would play in American machines, what with the region codes and all.

http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name ... e&sid=6801

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Sab Feb 03, 2007 6:23 pm

Where would non Spanish speaking (And less Spanish speaking, heehee.... :wink: ) ppl be without you, Rogorn! {HUGS}

BTW: The movie is postponed again for Holland. New date: May 10.... :roll: :cry:
But they keep me updated very well, even though I never asked for that. :D So I keep having hope.

Estel

Mensaje por Estel » Dom Feb 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows what the shipping cost for the Alatriste DVD is to other countries in the EU, is one DVD site cheaper than the others? Please help.
Maybe I should just wait for the Scandinavian DVD due in May or try to make a Swedish site import the Spanish one for me. :?

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Lun Feb 05, 2007 6:36 pm

Estel, most of the sites are very expensive, I could not find a lot of difference....

So, now we not native Spaniards are HERETICS, mmmm.... Imagen
:wink:

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Feb 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Haha, sorry about that, we have refurbished the forum folders, and have changed some names to use words taken from the books. Of course, the 'Heretics' thing is well-meant. As I said before, APR calls his Dutch translator 'friend and bloody heretic'.

(And if you must know, the others call me 'the heretic' as well, because I don't live in Spain, hehe)

Estel, each site should tell you how much the shipping cost is. Shopping around can save you some money, but of course you have to stop somewhere.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Lun Feb 05, 2007 10:31 pm

Rogorn escribió: APR calls his Dutch translator 'friend and bloody heretic'.

(And if you must know, the others call me 'the heretic' as well, because I don't live in Spain, hehe).

I knew about APR's friend Rogorn, but that they even call you a Heretic, well, that does make me feel a lot better, heehee.... Imagen Imagen

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Dom Feb 18, 2007 10:53 pm

As you probably know already, the 2-disc Alatriste dvd is now for sale. The good people at Viggo-works have translated the dialogues from the deleted scenes into English:
http://www.viggo-works.com/index.php?page=1122

AlatristeFan

Mensaje por AlatristeFan » Mar Feb 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Thanks to a newsletter received by CUBABC and posted at V-W.... it looks like Viggo and Tano will be attending the Miami International Film Festival on March 5th...

MIAMI INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL

PRESENTED BY MIAMI DADE COLLEGE

ANNOUNCES REEL EDUCATION SEMINAR SERIES SCHEDULE

26 INFORMATIVE PANELS OVER 9 DAYS!

The 24th Annual Miami International Film Festival

presented by Miami Dade College will take place March 2 - 11, 2007

The full schedule of seminars and additional information is also available at http://www.miamifilmfestival.com. Tickets are available by phone at 305-405-MIFF (6433) or online at http://www.miamifilmfestival.com.

In addition, more than 300 filmmakers, directors, producers, distributors, and industry executives will attend MIFF again this year to actively participate in screenings, panels and sales meetings. Among those attending the 2007 Miami International Film Festival are Damián Alcázar, Alberto Arvelo, Andi Baiz, Emily Barclay, Michael Barker, Steven Barron, Luis Bellagamba, Luc Besson, Tammy Blanchard, Ms. Cedella Marley Booker, Carles Bosch, Matt Brodlie, Jim Brown, Zita Caivallosa, Andres Cepeda, Antonio Cuadri, Veronica Cura, David D'Arcy, Oded Davidoff, Joaquim de Almeida, Ira Deutchman, Agustin Diaz Yanes, Serge Elissalde, Geoffrey Enthoven, Howard Feinstein, Mark Fergus, John Fiege, Alex Garcia, Nancy Gerstman, Julie Goldman, Octavio Gomez-Berrios, Mike Goodridge, Olga Guillot, Quim Gutiérrez, Adam Guzinski, Megan Hammitt, Justine Henzell, Ted Hope, Samantha Horley, Anne Hubell, Sheila Johnston, Gonzalo Justiniano, Daniel Katz, Julia Kaufman, Peter Keough,Philippa Kowarsky, Sarah Lash, Patrick Leblanc, Jérome Lemonnier, Diego Lerman, Caroline Libresco, Kirsi Marie Liimatainen, Cynthia Lopez, Mike Maggiore, Elba McAllister, Selton Mello, Maria Merlino, Kirill Mikhanovsky, Viggo Mortensen, Takayuki Nakamura, Bertha Navarro, Frances Negron, Benjamin O'Dell, Loris Omedes, Matt Orley, Veronica Orozco, Hsiao-hung Pai, Chitra Palekar, Raoul Peck, Mike Plante, Tahani Rached, Steven Raphael, Rie Rasmussen, Barry Rebo, Jason Resnick, André Ristum, Rene Rodriguez, Eileen Rodriguez, J.B. Rutagarama, Veronica Sanchez, Daniel Sánchez, Catalina Sandino, Josefina Sartora, Issaka Sawadogo, Dror Shaul, Tali Shemesh, Steve Solot, Ugo Sorrentino, Jim Stark, Jeremy Stulberg, Randy Stulberg, Cecilia Suarez, Rodrigo Triana, Tonny Trimarsanto, Ela Troyano, Triston Ulloa, Christine Vachon, Carice van Houten, Francisco Vargas Quevedo, Francis Veber, Eduardo Veràstegui, Paul Verhoeven, Margarethe von Trotta, Lois Vossen, Bruce Weber, Douglas Wellbat, Ryan Werner, Jennifer Westfeldt, Rob Williams, Marco Williams, Sean Wolfinghton, Vanessa Wranger, Markus Zimmer, and Bernardo Zupnik.

Screenings will take place at six venues throughout the city: The Gusman Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Miami , Regal South Beach Cinema in South Beach , Tower Theater in Little Havana, Sunrise Intracoastal Cinema in North Miami Beach , The Bill Cosford Cinema at the University of Miami in Coral Gables , and The Colony Theatre in Miami Beach .

© 2006 MIFF
MIFF

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Jue Feb 22, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanx to June from Obsession:

Alatriste will be screened at the Cornerhouse cinema in Manchester where they hold an annual Spanish and Latin American Film Festival called Viva 2007....

Fri 23 March, 6.00pm
Sat 24 March, 1.30pm
Sun 25 March, 7.00 pm

Tickets for evening screenings are £5.30 full / £3.90 concs
Matinee tix: £4.20 full / £3.10 concs

Tickets are on sale now, and the website ( http://www.cornerhouse.org ) should be updated by the end of the week with the full schedule for the festival.

AlatristeFan

Mensaje por AlatristeFan » Vie Feb 23, 2007 2:34 am

Please let this news be true for all you South and Latin America fans of Alatriste...

With many thanks to Lady Arwen and El Alma de Viggo for finding this Spanish article from the La Segunda Chilean news...

It looks like Viggo, Tano and Ariadna will be visiting Chile around mid-March sometime to promote Alatriste... and it looks like there may be visits to Argentina and Mexico as well....

La Segunda

AlatristeFan

Alatriste to be at the Egyptian Theater in LA: March 17

Mensaje por AlatristeFan » Mié Feb 28, 2007 4:18 am

Thanks to Sachie...

This is an Egyptian Theatre Exclusive!

Presented in collaboration with the Instituto de la Cinematografía y de las Artes Audiovisuales (ICAA) of the Spanish Ministry of Culture, EGEDEA and the Spanish Institute for Foreign Trade, ICEX and Consulate General of Spain in Los Angeles.

Saturday, March 17 - 7:30 PM

ALATRISTE, 2006, 135 min. Dir. Agustin Diaz Yanes. Viggo Mortensen (THE LORD OF THE RINGS, A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE) stars as the brooding, irresistible Captain Alatriste, 17th century soldier, mercenary and lover, in this superb adaptation of the historical novel by Arturo Perez-Reverte. The plot twists and turns like a dark river, covering 20 years from the wars in Flanders to France - and along the way Alatriste crosses paths with characters real and fictional including actress Maria de Castro (Ariadna Gil, PAN’S LABYRINTH), the Count-Duke of Olivares (Javier Camara), poet Francisco de Quevedo (Juan Echanove) and others. The mournful heart of the film remains Mortensen, though, who performs all of his dialogue in fluent Spanish (he lived in Venezuela and Argentina as a youth). Nominated for 14 Goya Awards, including Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actor. 2007 Goya Winner of Best Script, Best Art Direction, Best Costume.

American Cinematheque
© American Cinematheque.

Mirabella6666

Mensaje por Mirabella6666 » Jue Mar 01, 2007 2:42 am

Hollywood is only about 60 miles/100 kilometers from me, which is a LOT closer than the almost 6000 miles I traveled last fall to see Alatriste in Madrid. I am SO excited about this, even though I have watched it on DVD several times in the past week or so. :D

AlatristeFan

Mensaje por AlatristeFan » Vie Mar 02, 2007 12:16 am

Here's a Spanish article from Radio Cooperativa in Santiago, Chile that discusses Viggo's excitement about his upcoming visit to Chile in the middle of March to promote Alatriste ...

Other things he discussed, according to my understanding of a Babel Fish translation...

".... he discusses how content/proud he feels that he was nominated for a Goya. Also when asked what he feels about never yet having won an award he says , "although he has almost 25 years of making films he hasn't received an award, but, like Winston Churchill, he doesn't require/ask for medals..."

Also if you click on the icon/symbol beside the title on the web- page you can listen to a short Spanish radio interview of Viggo by Radio Cooperativa... :)
© Compañía Chilena de Comunicaciones S.A.
Última edición por AlatristeFan el Vie Mar 02, 2007 4:16 pm, editado 1 vez en total.

Responder