All the Alatriste news in English: Book 6, July 2010

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Lun Abr 09, 2007 11:11 pm

Curious...They've once again postponed the premier of Alatriste in the Netherlands for the 10th of May and...it is known through a registered "nl" version of the spanish Alatriste official homepage. :?

http://www.alatriste.nl/

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Vie Abr 20, 2007 5:57 pm

http://semana.melkweg.nl/esp/index.php

For the Dutchies under us.... :lol:

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Vie Abr 20, 2007 5:59 pm

Thanks to IndianMoon for the following information:

'Alatriste' will be shown in the Netherlands (remember, Flanders, Breda, etc) on May 4 at 19:30 at the Melkweg Theater in Amsterdam as part of the 'Festival van de recente Spaanse film'.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Sab Abr 21, 2007 12:56 pm

Somebody's written the following at ViggoWorks:

"I am utterly frustrated right now.
The german distributor of Alatriste has announced today that they decided not to bring Alatriste in the theaters at all.
They delayed the german premiere twice before and the reason they gave us for the previous delays sounded like lame excuses to me.
The last explanation says they can't do the movies cause it's too long...
There have been movies way longer in the theaters, some of them distributed by 3L, the very company that planned to show Alatriste.
This is sad news for the german fans of Alatriste and the deliberate misinformation and all of their false promises doesn't make it any easier to take.
For those of you, who are dissapointed and angry too, I would love you to comment on our site http://www.viggo-world.de.vu/, so
This would mean, that our feelings about their decision would be somewhat visible at least."

SisterMoon

Mensaje por SisterMoon » Lun Abr 23, 2007 2:08 pm

Hej Indianmoon,

will you be in Amsterdam on 05.05. for the Alatriste showing at this Spanisch filmfestival?
I'm thinking about to come :)
No Alatriste in the German cinemas :cry: So we will come for the big screen to our nice neighbours :D

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Abr 23, 2007 5:30 pm

(Notice that nothing is said about appearances by Viggo or anyone else connected with the film)

SisterMoon

Mensaje por SisterMoon » Mar Abr 24, 2007 6:09 am

I know Rogorn !
But to see Alatriste in a cinema on a big screen again is reason enough to go to Amsterdam :D

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mié Abr 25, 2007 11:05 am

This is the information we have about the London screening on June 8:

http://www.picture-europe.eu/es/index.php?stadt=london

It says it's at 0:00, but maybe that's a default time yet to be set. The film would end at 2:30 AM!

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Jue May 10, 2007 10:03 pm

It's been confirmed that 'Alatriste' will be screened in London on June 8 at 18:20 hours, at the Curzon Soho. They're trying to get someone from the film to attend the screening, but no names have been named yet.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun May 14, 2007 11:26 pm

'Alatriste' is showing now in Russia, Brazil and the Netherlands (which is nice, as part of the story is set there), and proper public releases too, not just festivals. Hopefully it can get a few more countries under its belt before the dvd releases start. We'd be grateful for any first-hand news from any of those countries. Cheers.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Mar May 22, 2007 5:33 pm

Well not really that much interesting news about the movie in Holland, Rogorn....
Not much in the papers any way, only that Viggo is the main character and that he used to be Aragorn before this. (As if he has not done any other movie in between :twisted: :roll: :twisted: ) Plus some small facts about the movie, nothing new anyway....

Went to see it for the XX time yesterday. :lol: :oops: 8)
The first time I went to see it, it was sold out, 2 weeks ago, but that was during the Spanish Filmfestival in Rotterdam. Mostly Spanish ppl.
Yesterday we (my friends and I) were with 3 and there was one more person at the cinema. I don''t think it really lives under the Dutch ppl, to go to a movie like this during day time. But unfortunately we have to travel over an hour to go and see the movie, and at night it only is shown at 22.00 :roll: So when the movie would be finished, we would have to walk home, (and that would be a bit longer than 1 hour, *grins*....)because than the subways won''t ride anymore, heehee, but I was told that during that time (22.00) it is more crowded.
I have asked for the photographs of the movie, but they said that they would show the movie for some more weeks. (But I did leave my name and address, just in case :lol: :oops: :D ) What they did do is give me a filmposter! So I was happy anyway! :D

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Dom May 27, 2007 10:33 pm

The 'Alatriste' dvd is now available in Scandinavia:

Imagen

http://www.discshop.se/shop/ds_produkt. ... tart&&ref=#

Arma

Mensaje por Arma » Lun Jun 04, 2007 11:16 pm

And, FINALLY, Alatriste is being released in Portugal!

It opens this Thursday, but I must admit I'm amased at the publicity it's getting. In fact, many newspapers, magazines, ... are offering tickets for the premiere that's taking place tomorrow. I'm really hoping to attend to the premiere!

:mrgreen:

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Jun 04, 2007 11:21 pm

Obrigado, Arma, keep us informed. Do you know whether any actors or the director are going to be there? And is the premiere going to be in Lisbon only, or somewhere else too?
Thanks.

Arma

Mensaje por Arma » Mié Jun 06, 2007 12:53 am

Hola, Rogorn!

I've just come back from the "premiere". First of all, the one I attended was not in Lisbon, but in Porto. Although, there was also one in Lisbon.

Obviously, no actors/ director ... attended. I mean, it's Portugal! When I say "premiere" I'm really referring to a simple session that takes place a few days before the national-wide release. It was in a shopping centre!

But, anyway, it was nice to see how the portuguese people reacted. It was quite different from the time I watched it in Madrid. People laughed much more in here (sometimes, even in scenes they weren't supposed to....). But it was fun!

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Mié Jun 06, 2007 9:14 am

Arma escribió:People laughed much more in here (sometimes, even in scenes they weren't supposed to....). But it was fun!

Hi! I'm curious about that...In which scenes did they laugh? :?

IronMike

Heretics-

Mensaje por IronMike » Mié Jun 06, 2007 4:53 pm

Greetings from the New World-

I read Purity of Blood last year but just learned about the "Alatriste" movie this past weekend. There is not much news about it over here.

I'm in the state of Florida , USA. We held a small re-enactment of Sir Francis Drake's Raid on St Augustine (the oldest city in the US) The event is hosted by a "conquistadore" group Men of Memendez Of course I portray one of "El Draco's" men, doing our best to singe King Philipp's beard. We do pike drill, fire arqubuses and a few of us have armor. Unfortunetly it always rains.

As soon as I returned home I found the Alatriste website and this fan site! Great stuff! I have reserved a copy of the US version DVD at Amazon already. But it would be great to see it in the theater.

In the US there are a number of people interested in the Renaissance and even the English Civil War. I hope this movie will increase interest in the period.

Iron Mike

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mié Jun 06, 2007 5:50 pm

Thanks for writing, Mike. If you have any pictures, feel free to hotlink to them here via Imageshack or the like.

'Alatriste' has been shown in the USA a number of times, but only in selected festivals (Miami being one of them), but it has never got a US distributor, so a number of people have bought the Region 2 dvd from European sites. I hope you get your chance to see it soon.

Cheers.

IronMike

Alatriste -

Mensaje por IronMike » Mié Jun 06, 2007 8:14 pm

Rogorn-

Thanks for the info. Miami is a long ways but do-able. Actually, per Amazon there will be a US friendly DVD soon.

Below are a couple of photos of our little event in St. Augustine. Interestingly, the groups do tend to divide into those of Hispanic and Angelo heritage. Of course we are all friends and afterwards we all gladly hoist a few to the King of Spain and Queen of England. However, Florida is very hot and humid and armor rusts very quickly.

Imagen

Imagen

Responder