Londres, 20 y 23 de septiembre

Reuniones, acontecimientos y otras cosas del mundo real

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
acuario

Mensaje por acuario » Sab Sep 22, 2007 6:32 pm

Es una lástima que no puedas ir para contarnos lo que pase por allí,pero lo primero es lo primero.
creer que un cielo en un infierno cabe.
dar la vida y el alma a un desengaño:
esto es amor:quien lo probó lo sabe.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Sab Sep 22, 2007 7:57 pm

De Sandrob, de Viggo-works:

Alatriste @ Ciné Lumière
It was as good as sold out and the film started late while groups of people kept roaming the aisles not wanting to accept that they would have to sit apart. The guy from Ciné Lumière was a natural public speaker and made a very funny speech beforehand so that when ADY and Ariadna were introduced ADY simply said “it’s a long film, let’s just watch it & talk later”. We were all invited to their party afterwards at a club off Piccadilly (password to enter: Alatriste). The film had a great reception, lots of laughter at the dry humour, lots of gasping & hand over eyes at the throat slitting etc, and people even clapped at the end – not at all British!! Q&A session was interesting and lively but mainly variations on the usual themes. Here’s just a few extra points:

Ariadna described how super famous “Alatriste” had made all its actors in Spain, everyone had seen the film, and she just wasn’t used to being approached by so many strangers before. Someone asked if she were now tempted to try her luck in US films. She looked at ADY and laughed like a drain and said yes, she’d just been offered one only yesterday, but she didn’t elaborate. She’s also definitely working with Viggo again, but wouldn’t elaborate on that either. Whether the two things are connected is anybody’s guess. She said some lovely things about him including how she couldn’t get over the fact that he didn’t know anyone else on the film when he arrived and he wasn’t sure how he’d be greeted by the other Spanish actors who might have fancied his part for themselves, and was really anxious about the reaction of the Spanish in general towards his personification of their beloved fictional hero, yet somehow with his kindness, generosity and enthusiasm, it was he who united the whole lot from technicians to extras to actors and everyone else involved.

The film about “violent passion” ADY described at the Curzon screening, working with Ariadna and 3 other girls, starts shooting in February. He said he would certainly love to do another historical film because history’s his passion, but he would have to be given sufficient money to do it properly and compete on international markets, so therefore after Alatriste, he wouldn’t be doing it any time soon!

Viggo had sent his apologies personally to the Ciné Lumière organiser for dropping out and ADY repeated it because lots of the women were groaning & one shouted out “that’s the second time he’s stood us up”. He had definitely intended to attend, and they’d even changed the date specially so he could. The film was originally scheduled for 15th September which was on top of the Eastern Promises New York premiere so they changed it to the 20th to be just before the EP Copenhagen bash. San Sebastian being added to the EP tour on that same date was a real disappointment to both of them because Viggo really wanted to support ADY this time, having been off filming “Good” in Budapest at the time of the only other London screening, and knowing that Alatriste is really struggling outside Spain. [So the irony is that Eastern Promises, which I personally can’t wait to see, has steamrollered our only chance of seeing Viggo at an Alatriste screening, but by the time EP hits London he won’t be there for that either, this time off filming Appaloosa. I wouldn’t mind betting that the one film where he finally shows up in London for some sort of festival showing with Q&A will be Appaloosa, the one film I don’t want to see!]

ADY confirmed that there’s no intention of Alatriste being released in the UK or the US at any future date. The US might still get the DVD but it’s unlikely and it’s not in his hands. We won’t get a DVD because we can play the Spanish Region 2 version with English subtitles, but it won’t even be marketed in the UK and will still have to be ordered from Spain. He expressed at quite some length his bitter disappointment and frustration at the failure of the distributors to crack what he called the “Anglo Saxon” markets. He knows full well it’s not down to the prospective audiences who never cease to keep asking him why not, but the ignorance of the buyers and distributors. I spoke to him after the Q&A about this and he said he’d swallowed the failure in the US, maybe it was too big a nut to crack for an unknown European director, but he’d had high hopes for the UK because we are part of the EU, there’s quite a market here for foreign language films, we are used to subtitles not dubbing, we have many foreign language film festivals – he’d looked into it and knew the Russian Film Festival and the Raindance Festival (international independents) both start next week, and also that European films especially get wide general release here, not just festival showings. I did ask Rogorn’s question about the extended DVD too, and he said he really hoped it would still go ahead next year, he’s got it all planned & knows exactly what he wants to do, but it’s in the hands of the producers so he can’t be sure. He said to tell you thank you for the question – and keep asking it of the producers!!

We didn’t go to the party because we had to get our (borrowed) car out of someone else’s underground office carpark which was closing up at 11pm, and get the car back to our neighbour before he went off for his nightshift at half past midnight (don’t ask!), so himself had to shoot off and rescue it while I stayed at the Q&A & managed a brief chat with ADY afterwards. Both he and Ariadna were completely natural and charming and I enjoyed meeting them. If Viggo had been there I wouldn’t have even been able to open my mouth.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Sab Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm

Mayormente: que estaba lleno, que la gente aplaudió, que Ariadna dice que va a trabajar con Viggo otra vez, pero no ha dado detalles y que tiene una oferta para trabajar en Estados Unidos. Que a Viggo le preocupaba llegar a un rodaje donde no conocía a ningún actor, y sobre todo saber cómo le recibirían. ADY querría hacer más cine histórico, pero no pronto. Que no habrá estrenos ni en cine ni en dvd en UK y USA (USA el dvd igual sí, por el rollo de las regiones). Encargué ex profeso que le preguntaran por la edición extendida de mi parte y dijo que gracias por preguntar y que seguía queriendo hacerla, que ya la tiene hasta planeada. Y que sigamos escribiendo a los productores.

Responder