Premiere

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Arma

Premiere

Mensaje por Arma » Mié Ago 09, 2006 8:03 pm

Well, I went on vacation and I'm kind of lost.

I checked out the La Quedada Definitiva: El Estreno. thread on the Reuniones de fans section (I can read Spanish but I can't write it :roll: ) and I want to ask something:

From what I understand, the "official" premiere, with the actors and actresses is on 29 August. But where is it? Does anyone know? And about the other days - are there any special events?

Thank you.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mié Ago 09, 2006 10:15 pm

Hi there, Arma.

The date of September 29th for the red carpet premiere was given to one of us by Arturo Pérez-Reverte, the author of the books, who will be attending. However, that was several months ago, and we know from several sources that that date is not final yet due to the difficulty of finding free space in everyone's schedules. The people in charge have promised to let us know for sure as soon as they do.

However, because many people are coming from outside Madrid (and some indeed from outside Spain altogether) and they needed to arrange their accomodation and take days off work as much in advance as possible, we as a group are sticking to the 29th, if not for attending the premiere, at least to meet each other. Almost everyone will be staying more than a day in Madrid and we are arranging to do other things besides, such as visiting Alatriste's Madrid, going to museums, etc. But that I guess will be finalised once we know what's going on with the film premiere.

We don't know in which cinema exactly the event would take place. A really big but out-of-town multiplex is being very popular lately for those purposes, but there's talk of going back to an old-style city-centre release, just streets away from the actual hangouts of Alatriste and his troupe. Again, we're waiting for details.

The open release date is September 1st in cinemas all over Spain, but the official website of the publisher is giving away two tickets to watch the film shown on August 31st. If so, that makes it two shows before Sep 1. We're waiting to see what's the deal with that too.

And finally we have seen announced a special show followed by a chat with Pérez-Reverte and film director Agustín Díaz Yanes in Madrid on September 5th.

That's all we know, but as nothing's for sure yet, we don't want to update the English forum with rumours only. Final details should be a few days away only.

By the way, if you can find any details about the Portuguese release dates or any other details from your distributors, we'd be happy to post them here.

Obrigado. :wink:

RivRes

Mensaje por RivRes » Jue Ago 10, 2006 2:33 am

A message from all of us at Viggo-Works...

http://viggo-works.com/index.php?page=243

votoabrios

Mensaje por votoabrios » Jue Ago 10, 2006 12:03 pm

RivRes escribió:A message from all of us at Viggo-Works...

Dear RivRes:

Thank you very much for your words. I hope all the people from Hispano -Fox think like you :lol: :lol: :lol:

XXXXX
... "Proclamen, pues, los cielos y la tierra
Los lances y los fechos circunspectos
De Alatriste, ¡el rayo de la Guerra!"

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Jue Ago 10, 2006 12:39 pm

votoabrios escribió:
RivRes escribió:A message from all of us at Viggo-Works...

Dear RivRes:

Thank you very much for your words. I hope all the people from Hispano -Fox think like you :lol: :lol: :lol:

XXXXX

Ditto. Muchas gracias.

quemeplace

Mensaje por quemeplace » Jue Ago 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Muchas gracias, RivRes. We have to thank you all at Viggo-Works too! :wink:
Hay en su jaula esta inscripción:
"Cuidado: sueña"
-Nicolás Guillén-

Targul

Mensaje por Targul » Jue Ago 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Dear Riv Res and all Viggo-Works.

I've to be proud about the friendship atmosphere that I saw in your forum and the good relations between our two web-pages and forums. I'm much obligued to Riv Res, a outstanding woman that have demonstrated to me so many good things as person and administrator.

I'll never forget the way of Riv Res by solving and talking about the problems ocurred during this long time since the shooting to the nearly premier and release. I'll never forget the interest of all viggo-works forumers too, and I've to ask pardon because my personal life didn't let me post all what I wanted in this awesome forum.

Best regards and I'll kiss the hand of you, my lady :wink: (chivalrious till death).

SisterMoon

Mensaje por SisterMoon » Jue Ago 17, 2006 1:56 pm

No news about the premiere? :(

Arma

Mensaje por Arma » Vie Ago 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Thank you for the explanations! I'll let you know when I hear anything form the Portuguese release dates. For now, all I know is from IMDB and it says 17 November 2006.

But I wouldn't trust that because for "A History of Violence" it said 3 November 2005, and it ended up being released on 16 March 2006. :lol:

GRACIAS!

romarie

For SisterMoon and Estel

Mensaje por romarie » Lun Ago 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Hi SisterMonn and Estel, only to let you know that I've add you to the List for the "Quedada Definitiva" for Madrid and Leon...I hope it's OK for you
War it's not the Answer : we are all connected

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Ago 21, 2006 2:59 pm

It's probably better if we keep only one thread open for all the news in English for now, so people don't have to scramble around several ones for information. Here's all you need to know and where you can ask any questions.
http://www.capitan-alatriste.com/module ... 3662#33662
Cheers :)

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Mié Ene 24, 2007 6:55 pm

Für die Deutschen die sich auf das Film interessieren, die Premiere in Deutschland für "Captain Alatriste" wird am 3 Mai 2007 stattfinden. Und für die Oesterreicher und Schweizer wird es frueher, am 22 Februar.

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Mié Ene 24, 2007 6:57 pm

For everyone interested in the release dates of the film in other countries, I can tell already from:

U.K. 1-5-2007 (according to this website: http://www.totalfilm.com/future_films/alatriste)

Russia 25-1-2007

Austria 22-2-2007

Hungary 22-2-2007

Switzerland (German-speaking cantons) 22-2-2007

Argentina: 5-4-2007

Netherlands 19-4-2007

Belgium 4-2007

Germany 3-5-2007

Brazil: 11-5-2007

Sweden: 23-5-2007

Denmark: 29-5-2007

It seems that the Premiere already took place in some countries like the U.S.A. and Canada (22-12-2006), Italy, Poland... without much enthusiasm I suppose...:cry:

With those dates I don't mean to say that they will all be released in cinemas, but could also as dvd's.

I hope the info was of help to you.

Quería poner la información también en español, pero no sabía dónde, si alguien me lo dice la puedo volver a poner allí.

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mié Ene 24, 2007 7:03 pm

I don't think the film has been premiered anywhere outside Spain. In the USA, Canada and Italy there have been a couple of showings at the New York, Toronto and Rome film festivals, but no national premiere or open run in cinemas nationwide. My friends in Poland don't know about it (and they're expecting it). And the dates for Portugal and Mexico passed by without premieres either. I hope the same does not happen to these new dates, as Díaz Yanes said recently that he's due to present the film internationally soon.

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Mié Ene 24, 2007 7:15 pm

Sobre esas fechas, sólo puedo confirmar que es todo lo que he podido recopliar buscando através de páginas oficiales (y otras no tanto) de cada país sobre el futuro estreno de la película en dichos. Respecto a América y Canadá, ya he observado en varias páginas la coincidencia de esa fecha. Lo mismo puedo decir de Italia, aunque no tanto de Polonia. De todos modos pienso que se trata de una película sin mucha expectación por esos lares (a excepción de los típicos freakies, lo digo en tono positivo, ojo) y que bien puede haber o podría su estreno pasar despercibido. Lo digo por experiencia, por ejemplo en Austria, donde por casualidad he visto que se estrenaban peliculas españolas de repente en una sola sala, no pasando de un día y casi nadie se había enterado.

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Jue Ene 25, 2007 6:21 pm

More release dates for the film "supposedly" having taken place in Europe:

SLOVENIA: Being shown from 21-12-2006 on (According to: http://www.kolosej.si/film/alatriste/)

GREECE: From 11-1-2007 on (According to:http://www.movieplace.gr/infomovie.php?id=86)

CZECH REPUBLIC: From 18-1-2007 on (http://www.titulky.com/?Detail=0000057012&WholeCount=2)

SERBIA: Today (According to: http://www.krstarica.com/lat/magazin/fi ... =alatriste)

Concerning the Premiere of the film in the USA, I may say that in many international websites announcing the release of the film in each country, the north american date is being shown too: 22.12.2006 (Should it be a collective mistake?). It's also strange that one of the countries which partly produced the film, France, hasn't got a release date yet.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Vie Ene 26, 2007 11:42 pm

Well Pyogenesism, your date for the Netherlands is absolutely correct.
Not for the DVD, but at the cinema. They have confirmed this to me about a week ago. :D
I wish we could have an official premiere, but I don't think we will have one. But would love to meet Díaz-Yanes and/or Pérez-Reverte.... Or Ariadna, so I could give her my drawing.... :oops: :lol:

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Sab Ene 27, 2007 1:29 pm

I hope the dutch people enjoy the film, it will be very interesting knowing about their reaction to a part of their history seen from the other side. IndianMoon, let us know when the time comes! (Is the accent from the dutch soldiers right?not fake?)

Tot ziens! :)

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Sab Ene 27, 2007 1:37 pm

Heehee, the "Dutch accent" is a Belgian accent. The "g" is totally different than ours, but it will do.... :wink: The movie is set in Flandres, and that is Belgium nowadays, though Breda is a Dutch city. Not too far from Belgium.

And of course I will keep you all informed. Though I do not think that too many ppl might go and see it.
For some reason ppl in Holland rather see a movie with an English language as far as I know, maybe because we all take English at school and though they are used to the subs it might be easier to listen to a language they know a bit and read the subs than watch a movie with a totally different language and read the subs, they will miss so much of the movie while reading the subs.... Which is a shame of course.... :cry:

Pyogenesis

Mensaje por Pyogenesis » Sab Ene 27, 2007 4:48 pm

hehe...I suppose the "g" you're talking about is as strong as our own "g" and "j". I knew about it because of my Dutch friends. In fact, one of them studied in Breda and I could visit her there. A nice town with a nice "Grote Kerk" church. Once inside I was a bit dissappointed because of it's walls covered in white, but I suppose it's a normal consecuence in the area from those religious conflicts.
Unfortunately I couldn't visit the deffensive walls and the castle with the "Spanjaardsgat" due to a lack of time. Maybe next time.

Responder