To the UK distributors: Now's the time

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
Rogorn
Contactar:

To the UK distributors: Now's the time

Mensaje por Rogorn » Dom Nov 12, 2006 9:25 pm

On the off-chance that someone responsible for the UK distribution of the film might read this, I'd like to say the following.

Very recently it has been held in London the Times BFI Film Festival, which featured dozens of films, including several in Spanish. Right after that the Velázquez painting exhibition was opened at the National Gallery, also in London. And to top it all off, Viggo Mortensen is shooting his new film, where else, in London.

So the time is crying out for 'Alatriste' to be released innthe UK NOW that all these circumstances are concurring. The Festival is finished now, but the Velázquez exhibition and Mortensen's presence in England should not be missed. The exhibition is a once-ever show featuring as many as half of all the artist's paintings brought from all over the world and it's receiving rave reviews - I was there today and saw it. Plus, Mortensen is an art buff. Not someone who once in a while goes to a cultural event and leaves thinking he's done enough for his intellect. No, he's a bona fide artist who dedicates a lot of his time to music, poetry... and painting. Besides, he acknowledged Velázquez's influence in the visual aspect of 'Alatriste' and saw many of the guest paintings in Madrid's El Prado Museum to prepare for his role.

I don't pretend to tell anyone how to do their job, but the chance of connecting both events for the benefit of the film, and of Spanish culture as a whole, and of Art itself, could be excellent. If he can find just a little time to do it, clips of Mortensen describing a couple of the pictures and their relation to the film would go really well when the film has to be sold in the USA and can't hurt towards aspiring for prizes for the film's Cinematography and Costume departments when the award season opens.

Anyway, maybe you're doing all this already and I should keep quiet... but just in case.
Última edición por Rogorn el Sab Nov 18, 2006 11:30 am, editado 1 vez en total.

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Lun Nov 13, 2006 10:55 am

:D Hurray for you Rogorn! :D
You are so right. I hope this all will ring a bell to certain ppl! :roll: :lol: :wink:
I have had the same thoughts and am not the only one, I know for sure.
Am hoping to see the Velázquez exhibition too, maybe next month....
8)

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mar Nov 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Total Film magazine's website has Alatriste being released in the UK on 1 March. No source or more details are given, but that makes it after the dvd is due to appear in Spain.
http://www.totalfilm.com/future_films/h ... /alatriste
Thanks to Quemeplace for the info.

remolina

Mensaje por remolina » Lun Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Have you seen this??????? 8O 8O 8O 8O

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Alatris ... B0052L2VFO

Viggo Mortenson??? Spanish Musketeer??? :evil:
"Aprecio a esos cabrones" APR

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Jun 13, 2011 4:52 pm

WTF?

I'm half-tempted to order it and all. One day it might be worth something. :lol:

I'd like to know what "Mr Mortenson" has to say about this.

By the way, I suppose that at least once in his life Alatriste must have used a musket, so he could be called a musketeer, but in the books he is described as an arquebusier (arcabucero).

And one day he will actually encounter the famous Three Musketeers themselves in France, so... :wink:

remolina

Mensaje por remolina » Lun Jun 13, 2011 4:55 pm

Rogorn escribió:I'd like to know what "Mr Mortenson" has to say about this.

I'd really like to know too.... :roll: :roll: :wink:
"Aprecio a esos cabrones" APR

Lenka
Contactar:

Mensaje por Lenka » Lun Jun 13, 2011 8:55 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Me alegro de no haberte matado todavía...

vetinari

Mensaje por vetinari » Mar Jun 14, 2011 10:29 am

Oh, dear, dear, dea!!!!!
"...Efialtes aparecerá finalmente,
y pasarán los persas" Cavafis
"No hay quien pueda comprar el ser marino cuando estás en el mar." APR
"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose" Janis Joplin

Responder