'Queen of the South' out in English now

All the important forum news in English (other languages are welcome)

Moderadores: Targul, Mithrand, Moderadores

Reglas del Foro
Responder
Rogorn
Contactar:

'Queen of the South' out in English now

Mensaje por Rogorn » Lun Sep 05, 2005 4:39 pm

'La reina del sur' is the latest book by Arturo Perez-Reverte to have been translated into English. Nothing to do with the times of Alatriste, but you should find it enjoyable as well. Search your usual online bookstore for it - the release is brand-new, so they might not have it yet, though.

Cheers

IndianMoon16

Mensaje por IndianMoon16 » Lun Sep 05, 2005 8:15 pm

Muchas Gracias Rogorn! I will order it as soon as I will order the second Alatriste, in January the English version, so they can all come together. I will order the Spanish and the English version, so I can read them both! I am still struggling through the Spanish version of El Capitan, heehee.... :roll: :D With the English version beside me, just in case.... :lol:

Rogorn
Contactar:

Mensaje por Rogorn » Mié Sep 07, 2005 1:03 pm

It's very laudable that you're trying to read Alatriste in Spanish as a non-native speaker. Bear in mind that the style of writing is in imitation of old Spanish, which adds to the difficulty. Other books by Perez-Reverte might be easier to read. If you're interested, search to see how many you can find in English or any other languages you understand. Thanks for your interest.

kali

Mensaje por kali » Vie Sep 30, 2005 7:22 pm

this will be the next Reverte's book to get into a film, next year I think. I love this book the most so I'm crazy these days to know any other thing related to that.
anyone knows?
cheers!

Responder